PROS of the Pulsar RoK
1. A clearly superior atomizer to the “ceramic heater” style burners. It has the same warrantee as the unit and is only about $15 to replace. It is very solid. Swab away without worry! It also mitigates “overflow” very well, thereby adding to efficiency AND maximizing atomizer life.
2. Thin quartz bowl provides good taste and is easy to keep clean.
3. Stylish and truly “feels” good to hold. It doesn’t feel like plastic junk. A substantial near solid metal vape – a rarity.
4. A “traditional bong” design (water is on the bottom and not the top of the unit). People coming from traditional water rigs will feel at home.
5. Angled mouthpiece keeps the hot oil at a reasonable distance from user’s face.
6. Cough guard prevents backflows into the atomizer.
7. Power Button available! Can start a timed “session” or simply press and hold the Power pressed when you want the heater to turn on.
8. Easy to use and newbie friendly.
CONS of the Pulsar RoK
1. Battery life is bad. Really bad. On medium setting, got two sessions before a recharge was required. That is, about 6 minutes of operational time before a recharge. The recharge takes 1.5 – 2 hours.
2. The carbcap mechanism seems like an afterthought. It doesn’t really fit well, and there is no tether. Just waiting to break.
3. There is a metallic taste. Not horrible, but it is clearly there. Makes a bit of sense – it has a partially stainless steel air path, and the unit itself is mostly made of metal.